Sunday, July 8, 2012

Creating the Life You Desire

It's a beautiful life. A beautiful world.

It has taken me some time to work out a strategy for creating the life I desire. I used to settle for less than what I wanted. As the old saying goes, "be happy for what you have" yet the underlying meaning of this statement is "don't expect anything else". That's how I was raised. My grandparents lived in Holland went through the German war. They learned to be happy with a minimal amount (and so you would). But this thought form travelled through my family and I was taught the beliefs that "we don't have enough money" and "you'll never amount to anything". Not sure where that last one fit in, but it was a tricky one to shake.

"Know Thyself" (the title of one my chapters: Heal the Planet from Within - on Amazon)  is the most important step in creating the life you desire. If you are unaware of the thoughts and beliefs you are holding in your mind and body, then how can you make the necessary changes to create the life you desire?

What life do you desire? Who do you want to be?

Here's a HELPFUL TECHNIQUE:

Write a letter from your future self to your current self from 10 years from now. Describe your living situation, the people around you, your career or job, your family relationships, your own personality and way of being, your level of satisfaction and happiness and how much love surrounds you. Next, tell your current self what you did to get there. Explain the crucial things you realised and the major hurdles you overcame.

This activity was a huge help for me to realise that what I was currently doing was not leading me to where I wanted to go and whom I wanted to be. With this knowledge I then had the power to choose different thoughts, emotions and actions to create the life I desired.

It takes some time to adjust your life path to create your dreams and goals. I've been consciously watching my ideal path appear in my life for a few years now.  Most of my life is aligned to create the life I desire both now and in the future. There are a few areas I'm still making adjustments too, but I can proudly say that I'm consciously creating my life.  Living in natural surroundings is one thing that was on my wish list.

Today I'm blogging from my peace of heaven (pun intended).  These pictures are taken from my front verandah. I'm living in sub-tropical surroundings in nature. In this picture the glare of the sun is blocking the mountain views.


But if I zoom in just slightly you can see the horizon.



Are you living your ideal life and lifestyle? It isn't selfish to desire a better life. When you are living your dreams and goals you inspire others to do the same.

Enjoy the journey!

All my best,
Carmen Wyld




No comments:

Post a Comment